Friday, June 17

205 to 334!

              Hello! I come to you all with great peace and assurance! As of late May, Montgomery- better known as "the Gump"- became my new home for the next two years! I was stuck between starting classes at AUM this summer and still waiting to hear back from UAB for the Fall. I was in one of my nursing classes at AUM when I received a phone call from UAB. After listening to the message, I realized it was someone from the nursing admissions office. I had been in school at AUM for a little over two weeks and I had already fallen in love. It is crazy how God puts everything together so beautifully! I loved how close I was to school, I loved my living arrangments, I loved not having to walk a mile to get to class...I just loved EVERYTHING! I contemplated returning the phone call, but after serious consideration, I did not. Still to this day I am not sure what the reasoning was behind the missed call. What if I could have gotten in, but the school needed something more? What did they want, to tell me to come in for a special meeting? Who knows. I weighed the pros and cons and I must say, I believe I made an excellent choice. Yes, I do miss my sweet city of Birmingham, and the wonderful people I left behind, but I needed this change.
          I am truly excited about these next couple of years and the people I am going to become good friends with. I know much growth will take place as well. As for right now, I stay very busy! I am writing papers in my sleep, reviewing articles every other day, reading masses of material and doing tons of medical calculations. As crazy as it seems, I love it all. I am finally beginning to feel more knowledgeable  and confident about myself being able to stand the pressure of nursing school.
          However, I still think back and laugh at the fact that I applied to the Auburn school system so many years ago and ended up at Alabama. It's so crazy how everything works out in the end. I never pictured myself here in Montgomery. Honestly, I never knew AUM existed until it was suggested to me over a year ago. I am so grateful to have been accepted though. I love my nursing class so far, everyone seems to be able to offer something different to the learning experience. As of right now, I wait. I wait until Fall begins and the real test sets in. Pray with me as I begin this new, strenuous journey. Roll Tide and Go Senators!!

No comments:

Post a Comment