Sunday, May 22

Ready, Set........Wait.

           Tonight marks the last night in my sweet Birmingham as a permanent resident. After twenty years, I must move onto bigger adventures, adventures that I am not willing to accept. As of right now I have yet to hear back from UAB, which has forced me to accept AUM's invitation and to begin this summer to secure my spot this Fall. Lots of other factors are involved with this but it is just confusing so I will just end at that. As I look around my room I see boxes, packed bags and random items that have yet to be packed. I do not have a willing heart to make this move.
           I LOVE MY CITY. I LOVE MY CHURCH. I LOVE MY CHURCH FAMILY. I LOVED MY JOB. I LOVE MY FAMILY. I LOVE MY FRIENDS. I loved my life up until last Friday when I had to quit the best job I ever had. I met so many people at my work and I am heart-broken knowing I probably won't see many of them nor the kids anymore! I am desperately trying to see the good in this move but I only see the bad. However, AUM, hands down, has some of the NICEST staff members I have ever come in-contact with! Also, I would be close to Jamie's family, which is awesome since I never got to see them much anyways! I would meet new people that obviously have the same goals as I do so that would be nice, too!
            However, today at Christ City Church, at our new location in Southside/Birmingham, I was walking out of church with a good friend of mine and we were confronted by a homeless man. Funny, but I was not scared, I had an open heart to this man. I loved the man for his desire to reach out to strangers for spare change for hygiene products and something to drink. His name was Cedric and I believe God used me through our few minutes together to share His love. I hope Cedric is at CCC next week, I want to worship with him, I want to worship with a congregation that will reflect what worship will be like in Heaven. Today, that specific event made me want Birmingham more than ever. Like I said, I love our city.
           As of now, I wait on God's answer. I wait to hear from God and what He wants for my future. He knows the desire of my heart and I hope He grants it. Please, fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, pray for me during this next week, it is a crucial time for me. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it. Nursing school, unfortunately, is all-consuming, and really I think you'll be happy no matter where you land because you will be so busy. you honestly won't have time for anything, and the Lord knows what He is doing. love you!

    ReplyDelete